Riding a motorcycle can be one of the most satisfying experiences anyone can have. However, there is the grim reality of motorcycle crashes. It’s a possible situation that all riders need to prepare for should a collision ever happen to them. Even with the most sophisticated technology and gear to help prevent future crashes and keep riders safe on the road, the unfortunate possibility of accidents is still apparent. With rider safety precautions, classes and other
Ten Steps to Take in the Event of a Motorcycle Crash
- Secure the scene to prevent secondary crashes.
- Check for any injuries.
- Call 911. Remember to record the name of the officer making the police report.
- Take photographs of the damaged vehicles, the entire scene, skid marks, and debris.
- Obtain information from the other person such as name, phone, license plate number, and insurance.
- Obtain witness information, including name and phone number.
- Do not discuss the crash with anyone at the scene or post to social media.
- See a doctor promptly if you are injured and report all symptoms.
- Notify your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Talk with an attorney before speaking with the other party’s insurance.
Even the most experienced riders can find themselves in an accident and be unsure how to proceed next. These crucial steps will help you navigate those unfortunate circumstances should they arise.
Hupy and Abraham, SC has the skills and experience to give you the best possible legal representation and financial recovery following your motorcycle accident. Our attorneys are riders who understand what you are going through. We have represented nearly 5,000 injured riders and have secured numerous settlements over 1 million dollars. Contact our offices at 800-800-5678 or via online chat at hupy.com.